Disability Rights Center 1-800-834-1721
- Insures access to appropriate services for people with disabilities
LAWLINE, NH Bar Association 1-800-868-1212
- Lawline telephones are staffed by attorneys who provide free legal advice to any caller. No income guidelines for the Lawline program.
- TIMES: 2ND Wednesday of each month from 6 – 8 p.m.
Legal Advice and Referral Center, NH Bar Association 1-800-639-5290
- Statewide private non-profit organization which assists clients primarily in the areas of family law, landlord tenant/housing issues, public benefits, and consumer issues. Must be financially eligible.
- TIMES: M, T, TH, F 9 a.m. – noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
Commission on the Status of Women, NH 271-2660
- Publishes A Legal Handbook for Women in NH. Contact NH Commission on the Status of Women, State House Annex, Room 33, Concord, NH 03301
Division of Child Support Services, NH 1-800-624-9700 Keene
- Locates non-custodial parent, establishes paternity, child support orders, and custody and visitation orders.
Legal Assistance, NH
- 1-800-562-3994 Claremont
- 1-800-517-0577 Nashua
- 1-800-562-3174 Manchester
- New Hampshire Legal Assistance provides free legal help to low income and elderly persons who cannot afford a private attorney. Handles legal matters involving health care, public and private housing issues, food stamps, welfare, unemployment compensation, utility shut off and nursing home problems.
- TIMES: M-F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
NH Public Defender
- 357-4891 Keene
- 224-1236 Concord
- Provides free legal service to defendants charged with felonies or misdemeanors. Staff attorneys represent clients in probable cause hearings, plea negotiations, felony and misdemeanor trials, and juvenile proceedings and appeals. Counsel can be appointed at an initial hearing. Forms are available at Jaffrey District Clerk of Courts in Jaffrey.